The Global Leadership Development Specialist is responsible for assisting in the design, development, implementation, and delivery of Samtec University L&D initiatives in the areas of corporate culture, leadership, professional development, coaching and mentoring, and performance management. The successful candidate demonstrates our culture of Flexibility, Innovation, and Speed to provide excellent service to our customers, both internally and externally, creating Win/Win solutions.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to teach, and demonstrate Samtec culture, DNA and Sudden Service principles.
- Designs, develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates leadership and professional development skills training, tools, and resources to develop Associates all levels.
- Reviews and updates existing leadership and professional development programs as needed.
- Provides assistance with assessments and 360 evaluations.
- Provides manager, supervisor, and team coaching, training, and facilitation in areas such as team effectiveness, communication, and engagement.
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders to ensure ownership, participation and alignment with current business needs.
- Identifies and manages relationships with third-party resources for development and delivery of training using a blended approach of instructor-led, virtual and eLearning.
- Develops consistency and standardization of training with all global locations.
- Ensures compliance of company-wide training as required.
- Partners with the all members of the People Services team (HR, Recruitment, Legal, L&D) to maximize overall effectiveness of programs.
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally (10-25%).
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 7+ years’ experience of general business in a corporate setting with at least 4 years in Learning & Development.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training in a classroom setting, or individual instruction.
- International experience (Asia and Latin America preferred).
- Proven ability to coach associates to a higher level of performance.
- Knowledge of 360 performance feedback or other performance evaluation tools.
- Knowledge of, and experience with personnel assessment tools.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Instructional design experience and thorough understanding of technology as an instructional medium, eLearning software tools knowledge, and demonstrated experience using the tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Organizational Management, Human Resources or related field.
- On the job training as appropriate.