Requisition Number: ASSIS02396
Kittle Property Group, Inc.— Assistant Property Manager
Location: Monon Crossing - New Albany, IN
This will be a brand new Lease-Up Property!
The Assistant Apartment Manager is responsible and accountable for assisting in on-site operations at an apartment and community. The assistant apartment manager supports the organization’s mission and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership. Be the Role-Model and Ambassador for Kittle Property Group.
- Work with potential residents to understand their needs and help them find apartments that meet those needs.
- Capture sales—show and lease apartments to customers, helping them with paperwork and filing the paperwork accordingly.
- Make sure that paperwork is complete, files are properly prepared, and date is entered into the computer system.
- Build positive relationships with current residents to promote customer satisfaction and help maintain occupancy rates.
- Market the property through advertising, print media, websites, social media, networking, word of mouth, referrals, etc.
- Help with reception duties: greet residents/visitors, answer calls, complete work orders, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Previous Assistant Property Manager experience required.
•Must have strong communication and people management skills.
- Must understand customers’ needs and respond to them, connecting them with the right solution; must be able to market and sell.
- Must be very organized, with a strong attention to detail; must stay on top of paperwork.
- Must be flexible and able to shift priorities if needed.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret basic instructions, simple correspondence and present information one-on-one or in small groups.
- Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
- Reasoning Skills - Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions with common sense understanding. Ability to deal with problems that involve few variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Beginner experience with MS Office.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)