Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are seeking a Tax Director EMEA/APAC. This position will be focused on planning and requires extensive experience in designing, implementing and maintaining international distribution structures. You will be assisting the company in making key strategic decisions about international operations and investments and providing guidance to our leadership team regarding how best to deploy resources globally.
- Analysis of international tax issues
- Analysis of foreign country tax implications related to our global operations, including establishment of operations in new countries, managing compliance in existing locations, and structuring of cross-border transactions
- Oversee international tax compliance and audit activity
- Advise management team members regarding key issues related to our international operations, including modeling of risks, benefits and financial impact to the company
- Ensure that all international tax matters are properly reflected in our books and financial statements
- Liaise with business partners throughout the company to understand operational goals and to ensure that tax considerations are communicated
- Manage global transfer pricing, structuring of intercompany transactions and funding
- Bachelor’s degree and MST or LL.M
- 15 years+ of relevant international tax experience in a Big 4, law firm and/or technology industry role
- Extensive technical tax knowledge with demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and managing international tax structures
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.