SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Do you want to manage security tools and processes in a fast-paced, distributed environment? Do you want to have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us implement, operate, and improve interesting, secure, and scalable solutions. We’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate to learn and grow with. If you're looking to be an integral part of our security and brand protection, let's chat!
This role is hands-on, carrying the responsibility of running the day-to-day security technologies, technology governance, SIEM, Data Loss Prevention, and key defenses. This also includes developing and delivering security performance and operational metrics.
The ideal candidate will maintain and enhance a consistent and reliable operational security environment and take a proactive security monitoring approach. The candidate must be a highly skilled and technical individual who is able to collaborate cross-functionally to remediate security challenges and has the ability to adapt in a dynamic security landscape.
- Build and maintain tools to proactively monitor and respond to emerging threats
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity in order to interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Analyze information security event data and information sources for attack indicators and work to provide detections and corrections to ensure protection of enterprise assets
- Assess the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies to be able to gather a broad view of the overall risk profile of the enterprise
- Manage the critical vulnerability remediation process and drive rapid corrective actions
- Detect, escalate, and assist in triaging relevant security events and alerts
- Document and communicate findings, escalate critical events, and interact with cross functional teams for remediation
- Support ongoing security compliance, audit, and certification programs (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, SOC2)
- 3-5 years of operations experience, preferably in security or infosec roles
- Demonstrated skill in identifying exploits and vulnerabilities and providing remediation efforts in network and server environments
- Knowledge of emerging threats and ability to stay abreast of developing threats and cyber vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Understanding of security within a public cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to problem-solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Ability to be part of an on-call rotation and first responder to security event escalations
Nice to Haves
- Application security knowledge
- Experience with programming
- Red/Blue team experience
- Security certifications (e.g., CISSP, Security+, CEH, GIAC)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.