KME - Supervisor Production - Weld
Apply now “
Date: Nov 8, 2019
Location: NESQUEHONING, PA, US, 18240
Company: REV Group, Inc.
Requisition ID: 2723
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles (“RVs“) and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
Job summary: Oversees all aspects of production planning and scheduling of activities and material through the complete production cycle, including order and design release, fabrication. This position works closely with engineering, supply chain and manufacturing management to ensure effective flow of work in process to meet shipment schedules.
- Directly leads and supervises production control staff in all areas of production planning to include, planning, order coordination, programming and operation integration.
- Develops and establishes effective work processes for production planning, including applicable scheduling and programming systems.
- Develops, maintains and optimizes detailed schedule of production orders. Works closely with Fabrication and Engineering Departments to ensure scheduled commitment dates are met based upon KME's Master Schedule. Ensures the flow of material, parts and assemblies between or within departments to meet schedule requirements.
- Monitors internal schedules, supplier dates and manufacturing reports to proactively identify potential problems and works with planners to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to key stakeholders. Works to provide solutions to mitigate risks and minimize disruption to production flow.
- Provides reports to business management and other departments as required of production status, variance to schedule, issues and other production planning information needed to make good business decisions.
- Proactively works toward continuous improvement of processes and systems used in planning and scheduling to improve adherence to production schedules.
- Accountability for ensuring all quality, regulatory and ISO requirements are met. Responsible to make sure appropriate actions are taken to meet all requirements, including stopping production ( fabrication process) if appropriate.
- Responsible for development, compliance and enforcement of all company policies and procedures. Ensures consistent and effective employee relations. Recommends rewards/recognition as appropriate. Initiates necessary disciplinary actions as required.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through review of completed work assignments, work techniques and leadership skills. Builds and mentors individuals and teams and identifies staff development/training needs. Conducts the training or otherwise ensures that training is obtained
Requirements (education, experience, travel, physical, work environment):
- 3-5 years' experience in production control (including Planning/Programming), materials ( knowledge of operating in our current Syteline system), scheduling and manufacturing in a production environment.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership role with the ability to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and engage employees. Ability to manage a diverse team.
- Proven leadership capabilities. Ability to work independently. Actively develops a high performance team with skills needed to meet company goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with understanding and application of continuous improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding and use of production scheduling tools required in a production environment.
- Require superior communication skills (written, oral, presentation, and instructional) and ability to effectively interact with customers, suppliers, team leaders, managers, associates, and executives.
- Proven success in team building, conflict resolution, and problem solving from identification through root cause resolution.
KME and its employees have a passion to provide the safest, most reliable and highest performing emergency vehicles to serve our first responders in protecting our communities. KME has delivered over 10,000 vehicles to markets around the globe.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.