Pacific aquaculture is seeking fish farm technicians for our multiple locations within our Washington operations. Pacific Aquaculture farms Steelhead trout in net pens on the Columbia River near Nespelem, and has hatcheries in North Bend and Shelton. The technician will become familiar with all operations of the farm including feeding, harvesting, and inventorying.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
- Monitor feeding, environmental conditions and fish health while maintaining accurate records.
- Learn and utilize computerized feeding systems.
- Maintain company assets in good operational condition.
- Work to continuously improve operations with respect to productivity, quality, safety, inventory levels and operating expense while utilizing effective aquaculture techniques.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Perform other duties, as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or Associate degree and two years related experience in aquaculture or 4 years related experience.
- Experience in trout and/or net pen farming.
- License and Certifications
- Valid driver's license.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wages, you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick and vacation time
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.