Description: The Pollard Middle School is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support our ABA Program.
Job Summary: Teaching Assistant works in a separate setting to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Teaching Assistants are trained and supported by the Special Education Liaison, Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Special Education Coordinator, and the classroom teacher. Teaching Assistants to provide academic, behavioral and/or social-emotional support for students during the day in separate classroom and general education setting.
- A highly motivated, self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to be flexible in order to follow the routines of multiple classroom schedules
- Patience and the ability to make quick decisions when dealing with dysregulated students
- Experience working on a team, well-established communication and interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience in developing and implementing behavior plans and collecting behavior data
Please apply online: www.generalasp.com/needham/onlineapp
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Unit C contract outlining wages and working conditions on our website
The Needham Public Schools does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, sex, homeless status, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age. In addition to the protected classes identified and in regard to employment practices, the Needham Public Schools also does not discriminate based on genetic information, ancestry or status as a veteran.
The Needham Public School System is a member of METCO, Developing Equity and Achievement for Students (IDEAS) and the Greater Boston School Human Resources Network. Candidates who have a strong commitment to active anti-racism are encouraged to apply.