Product Developer - Robotics
SharkNinja is a relentless innovator with 550+ patents in consumer technologies. We obsess about consumer satisfaction. We build up our company by building up our people. We seize opportunities—individually and collectively—to be competitive with our products and attract the most talented people in the world.
With an unrelenting focus on solving for consumer’s pain points, we have built a loyal and passionate following that continues to garner us 5‑star ratings on our products.
The Product Developer will be a Product Owner translating a vision into specifications, processes and requirements. The individual will have a passion for bringing innovative, successful new products to market.
- Support product roadmap initiatives to define product features based on the market plans, regional competitive and market requirements, backlog prioritization map to strategic value for the customer. Define and track key metrics to deliver 5-star rating products and manage consumer satisfaction.
- Support user experience and development through discovery and delivering of highly desirable consumer experiences in a highly AGILE startup like fast-paced environment. Responsibilities including developing MRD, PRD, User Stories and work flows for Robot and Applications.
- Maintaining an expert level knowledge base of the category, the competition and the consumer (i.e. consumer research methodologies, secondary syndicated data, creative marketing skills to develop the brand).
- Maintains an advanced level knowledge base of the Robotics category and Robot consumers.
- Regularly (multiple times per week) updates cross-functional team orally and in writing on active initiatives by voicing hypotheses backed by information and stating clearly any conclusions (telling the story vs. reporting the weather).
- Leads and communicates cross-functionally and is not afraid to ask for help; actively brings together varying points of view to achieve optimal outcomes. Builds strong working relationships within Product Development and across the organization.
- Pays attention to who the “audience” is, communicating at an appropriate level of detail and actively paying attention to make sure all necessary stakeholders are included.
- Dives into the details and asks the next order questions that expand the cross-functional team’s thinking.
- Evaluates product optimization and improvement opportunities for cost and consumer impact in an ongoing way.
- Executes tasks based on direction from management; when direction is unclear, asks clarifying questions and proposes paths forward.
- Manages own workload and alerts his/her manager when capacity issues arise, or conflicting priorities are identified.
- Consistently stands for growth in self. Takes risks, pushes outside comfort zone, and commits to a steady, measurable approach to achievement. Finds a way to move the ball forward, every day, making progress rather than excuses.
- Challenges assumptions to find the best possible way of doing something, rather than being satisfied with how things have been done in the past.
- 3-5 years of experience and bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Product Development or equivalent
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Creative and Strategic thinker with visionary capabilities and conceptual thinking abilities, about how the consumer experience should work.
- Highly effective at communicating with different stakeholders and influencing decision making
- Consumer product experience preferred
- Second languages a plus (Mandarin, Japanese, European languages)
- Basic understanding of SW and HW development processes a plus
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world! We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to build the next big thing and develop while they do. At SharkNinja, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is vital to our global success. Valuing each unique voice and blending all of our diverse skills strengthens SharkNinja’s innovation every day. We support ALL of our associates in bringing their authentic selves to work, making an impact, and having the opportunity for career acceleration. With help from our leadership, associates, and our community, we aim to have equity be a key component of the SharkNinja DNA.