Medical Assistant / EMT
CareWell Urgent Care is seeking a dependable full-time Medical Assistant or EMT-Basic for our state-of-the-art urgent care facility in our Needham, MA location.
Our centers are open (7) days per week 8AM to 8PM. Full-time positions must be able to work three 12-hour shifts per week including every other weekend.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the clinical provider, the Medical Assistant duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, IV/Blood draw, ECG, office diagnostic testing, x-ray prep, assisting with splinting/wound care and assisting in administering medications as directed by physician.
Duties and Responsibilities: Medical Assistant / EMT - tasks include but are not limited to:
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Take patient histories and vital signs
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Apply splints and dressings, prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments including sterilization
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals
- Perform phlebotomy and laboratory paperwork.
- Dispense medication as directed
- Instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable
- Provide solutions to patient concerns within the scope of position.
- Provide information and assistance as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance carriers and companies.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians review, etc.
- Document patient files, records, forms, and other info as necessary.
- Assist with scheduling of test and treatments.
- Screen phone calls for referral to physician.
- Maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Be sure work area appears neat, well stocked, and organized.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to take initiative to step up and solve problems and recommend solutions
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proven interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with patients, families, clients, coworkers, clinical staff and physicians.
- Commitment to CareWell/CCMD as a company as well as your internal team
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Consistent daily practice of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of computer function and basic office equipment.
- Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interactions.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Responsible for personal actions and open to feedback from others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years MA/EMT experience and EMT, MA, CNA or LNA certification
Supervisory Responsibility: The Medical Assistant role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a medical office setting and includes possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is an hourly, non-exempt position that ranges based on PT or FT. For full-time, hours are 8am-8pm, 3 days a week with a rotating weekend shift.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position however, depending on the location, this position may work at more than one center.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, 401K with a match, and paid time off. As an employee, you have four (4) free urgent care visits/yr which can be shared by immediate family members.
At CareWell, its simple: exceptional and compassionate patient care is at the forefront of our urgent care centers. CareWell Urgent Care provides high-quality, efficient and affordable treatment of non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries as well as customizable employer health solutions. Our centers offer board-certified providers, state-of-the-art facilities with on-site laboratory services and X-ray. Founded by physicians who know and understand the need for excellent, expedient care, CareWell Urgent Care is dedicated to meeting all the needs of the community, from infant to elders, school to industry and everywhere in between.