Information Technology Audio/Visual Technician
Under the direction of the Administrator of Information Technology Services and the supervision of the Assistant Administrator of Information Technology Services, the Information Technology Audio/Visual Technician (AV Tech) performs vital tasks in the installation, maintenance and upgrade of AV equipment and assisting with the maintenance and repairs of computers, tablet technologies and peripherals in school buildings..
Essential Functions and Duties of the Position: The essential functions and duties listed below are intended as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Maintains, repairs and installs the District's Audio/Visual (AV) equipment, including classroom audio, projection, interactive video and large-space audio and video.
- Operates AV equipment, including photography and video photography equipment.
- Maintains inventory of technology equipment.
- Works with external vendors on maintenance calls and visits to ensure proper repair or service of equipment.
- Works with the Information Technology Services (ITS) staff to distribute District's AV equipment and computer equipment including initial testing and inventory assignment.
- Sets-up District's AV equipment, computers and peripherals, installs software and delivers equipment to school locations.
- Assists in the maintenance of and repairs computers and peripherals.
- Interacts with vendors when necessary to resolve problems and coordinate equipment that must go off-site for repair.
- Provides technical support to medica/ITS staff for larger district projects.
- Evaluates problems and recommends solutions for professional and support staff.
- Works occasional overtime shifts to cover school events during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Works under the direction of the Administrator of Information Technology and the supervision of the Assistant Administrator of IT Services.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works primarily indoors, with occasional work performed outdoors in varying climates.
Education and Experience:
3-5 years of experience in Information Technology/AV industry - Bachelor's degree preferred; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
Knowledge of AV technology for classrooms and auditorium/ performance spaces.
Knology of photography and videography.
Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Organization and time management.
Knowledge of technology software.
Ability to stay current with new IT and AV products, systems and trends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand frequently. Lifts equipment of up to 50 pounds or more. Must sit, stand, kneel, bend and stretch frequently.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process.
Please apply online: www.generalasp.com/needham/onlineapp
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation have been attached to your online application.
The salary range for this position (AR6) is $24.85-$31.86/hour. The expected starting salary will be $24.85-$28.98.
The Needham Public Schools (“District“) does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, sex, homeless status, gender identify, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or age. In addition to the protected classes identified and in regard to employment practices, the District also does not discriminate based on genetic information, ancestry, or status as a veteran.