Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection group assists in all levels of federal, public, private and international organizations by offering planning, design, and construction services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management, best-in-class design-build expertise, and unparalleled sustainability and economic solutions, build partnerships and create solutions for current and future environmental and infrastructure challenges. CDM Smith's CEI team in Charlotte, North Carolina is seeking a Civil Engineer to contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Independently deciding on engineering/scientific problem and methods.
• Representing CDM Smith in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
• Acting as a mentor for lower level employees.
• Actively participating or assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and business operations planning.
• Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a large and important project or a number of small projects with many complex features Refining your project management skills.
• Coordinating and reviewing the work of a small staff of engineers (typically 5 to 10)
• Estimating manpower needs, and scheduling and assigning work to meet completion date .
• Performing complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques, procedures, processes, products, equipment, and methods.
• Developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
• Assessing the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation tests, products, or equipment, when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
• Usually performing as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function
Education: Bachelor's degree in civil, transportation, or structural engineering.
Professional engineering (PE) license.
Experience: 7 years of related experience.
Travel: Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
CDM Smith Employment Type
Visa Sponsorship Available
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position