Staff Accountant II
Ellwood Group Inc.
Requisition Number: STAFF02013
- Administer and enforce company credit and collections policies and procedures to assist in minimizing days sales outstanding, ensure payment is received timely and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Follow up and resolve outstanding issues including short payments, debits and other payment discrepancies including development of strategies and goals to reduce exposure to write offs.
- Interface with multiple departments including sales staff and management.
- Analyze and assess the creditworthiness of account/client using external credit risk tools/reports.
- Review invoicing activity for accuracy and post to general ledger file and process and track customer returns and credit memos.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, including credit hold/bad debt reports, accounts receivable summaries, and cash application reports.
- Process customer receipts in an accurate and timely manner with acute attention to detail is required to minimize error correction and customer issues.
- Perform monthly Accounts Receivable closing process and account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner to ensure transactions are posted in the proper month and cash receipts are accurately reflected in the general ledger as well as assist in month end closing procedures and GL reconciliations.
- Respond to credit inquiries from external internal clients.
- Maintain customer files in accordance with established policies and governmental requirements.
- Financial Accounting, which includes the general ledger, journal entries, month-end closing, reconciliations, and other financial analysis as needed.
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Generating financial reports for departments/management.
- Preparing supporting documentation for the annual audit.
- Preparing supporting documentation for the annual Tax Package.
- Administration of new customer accounts to include providing support to the controller in evaluating credit worthiness. The individual will also assist in the management and administration of existing accounts.
- Set-up and administration of new and existing vendor accounts.
- Tracking capital spending and major repairs budget.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable back-up.
- Reconciling intercompany transactions.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required, supporting the business needs.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of Managers, Supervisors, Group Leaders, Safety/Environmental Manager, or Director of Human Resource.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Physical Work Activities and Exposure
- Results-oriented, hands-on self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and people skills. The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company.
- Ability to make decisions and use discretion enforcing transactions and activities to follow company policies and standards that are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to operate a Computer, Printer, Calculator/adding machine, Copy machine, and Fax machine.
- Detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques for identifying problems, researching and determining the most appropriate course of action for their resolution.
- Knowledge of time management techniques with the ability to organize, schedule, assign, delegate, coordinate, and monitor the work to accomplish the most possible in the time available.
- Skill in proofreading materials to ensure accuracy.
- Skill to effectively plan work activities, schedules, priorities and utilization of resources.
- Skill to research information, identify relevant facts and derive logical conclusions.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply general accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines for assigned reports and projects.
- Ability to work independently and make independent judgments.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
- Work is regularly performed preformed inside an office.
- Exposed to all levels of confidential information.
- Use of hands to operate office equipment.
- Lengthy periods of sitting.
- Some reasonable accommodation could be met.
- BA accounting or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- 4 years experience in accounts receivable function or previous experience in an office environment with similar duties and responsibilities is preferred.
- Manufacturing Experience preferred.