GCG is a leading North American distributor of process materials, production supplies, specialty wire and cable and value-added fabricated parts for the electrical Industry.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
The Quality, Safety, and Compliance Manager is responsible for leading the successful execution of internal programs and processes that support the legal and ethical integrity, and strategic directives of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Identify, assess, and communicate conformance with regulatory and corporate quality and safety expectations
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Maintain safety files, records and document control per safety & quality management systems
- Maintain safety, quality, and compliance information in SharePoint
- Manage safety topics, scorecards, materials, approvals and contracts for all locations
- Partner with management in incident investigations, ensuring appropriate processes are followed. Review workers compensation claims
- Interface with local managers, customers, auditors and ensure the execution of corrective and preventative actions and compliance with customer specifications
- Work with local managers to ensure cycle count requirements are met and procedures are being followed
- Oversee ISO documentation management and outside contracts. Prepare and support sites for compliance with ISO standards and audits. Manage ISO and Safety/ LP Audit Schedules
- Determine training requirements and facilitate development and implementation of safety training programs. Manage Safety training criteria for company Learning Management System in conjunction with marketing team.
- Facilitate improvement opportunities in routine risk identification, and control programs (e.g., incident investigation, near miss incidents, development of safe work procedures, etc.)
- Develop and monitor quality and consistency of incident investigation and reporting process.
- Identify, define and promote awareness of customer requirements. Manage customer compliance related inquiries which may include questionnaires, etc.
- Identify and support standard operating procedures for quality, safety and compliance policies across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety, compliance, or quality discipline with 5+ years manufacturing, distribution or similar experience
- CSA/UL Inspection Management knowledge and experience is a plus
- ISO certification experience is a plus
- Managerial and/or supervisory experience
- Experience working with cross-divisional teams
- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency
- Well versed in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all requirements and responsibilities and as such, is subject to change without notice based on the needs of the business and/or department.