Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Unload Associate, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Ensuring merchandise is properly handled and distributed in an efficient and timely matter.
- Following all lifting and safety procedures while appropriately placing shipments.
The Unload Associate spends most of his/her time unloading merchandise from distribution center trucks. This associate helps ensure the store is stocked and ready to deliver the right products to customers by unloading merchandise efficiently and safely. To be successful, the associate must understand and prepare for the physical demands of moving merchandise for the majority of his/her shift.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
Although majority of time of time will be spent in activities that do not involve the direct interaction with customers, the individual in this role is expected to engage with customers when the opportunity arises. This includes:
- Understands customers' needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Sets up pallets (e.g., shrink wrapping) and conveyor for efficient flow of product.
- Disburses product from receiving to appropriate department.
- Re-sorts incorrectly sorted items by delivering items to the specific department.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Takes appropriate steps to clean up, store, and dispose of all hazardous materials.
- Ensures all damaged items are placed on an assigned pallet and remain in the receiving area.
- Labels boxes that are partially full and uses box baler to compress cardboard that is sent to receiving.
- Refuels and charges store equipment.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 6 months of experience operating a forklift in confined spaces (e.g., a semi-trailer).
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply Now Saved Jobs Email Job