The Tax Specialist III will provide support to Asure Software’s Top 25 payroll tax service clients. The position is responsible to assist and mentor team members while aiding in client escalations. The Specialist II is a subject matter expert that can assist and support the team in day-to-day activities. The role will be able to assist the compliant resolution of system, agency and client issues regarding the daily, quarterly and annual remittance of payments, compliant and timely filings of tax returns, proper and compliant jurisdictional setup of tax types for funds collection, and responding to queries as needed. The role is responsible for the resolution of system, agency, and customer service issues regarding tax notices and requests from clients, internal staff and taxing authorities, and makes use of our Agency Notice Tracking System (ANTS) program for documentation and resolution of tax issues and requests. Payments, filings, and agency responses are required to be timely, complete, and accurate.
How I will contribute
- Performs all duties in compliance with internal procedures, external regulations and brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Acts as a mentor for support of the Tax Filing Specialist team. Provides support to management with regard to training and performance of all work functions. Assists in the fostering of a high level of accuracy and compliance within the team.
- Collaborate in a team environment to:
- Support top 25 clients and assist the team in client escalations.
- Mentor Tax Filing Specialists and Auditors in the completion of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual processes.
- Accurately and timely process agency payments on behalf of our customers. Able to create payment files/check or initiate web payments to various federal, state and local agencies. Review daily balancing reports and prepare daily audit information as required.
- Resolve tax notices and communicate instructions or updates to clients. Able to respond to various agency notices inclusive but not limited to federal notices, state and local notices; wage reporting notices; etc. Resolve client issues by communicating with Federal, state and local agencies as needed. Able to ensure that the appropriate documentation (for clients and agencies) is noted in the Agency Notice Tracking System (ANTS) tool.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting within timely established deadlines. Quarterly and Annual Tax filing processes include managing controls for all clients to be included in each filing cycle, preparing returns, setup of return and package delivery options and forwarding additional billing. Assists with notification and collection of quarter end adjustments. Assist with the notification and collection of quarter-end adjustments. Work closely with team and management to troubleshoot issues and assist in resolutions.
- Able to coordinate, perform, and support agency rate and frequency updates for our employers to ensure accurate payments and compliant filing.
- Able to assist in management reporting and metrics gathering.
- Model and support the research and analysis needs for the team
- Able to provide subject matter expert support to the team in ongoing activities.
- Able to research complicated issues, provide timely responses (to agency and employer) and determine root cause analysis in resolving tax notices and issues from various agencies.
- Assists in the audits and review of the team internal and external client communications to boost improvements as needed.
- Supports use of ANTS letters to agencies and employers. Update as needed for clarity, understanding, and legibility for accurate and clear communications.
- Completes special projects and coordinates with Manager on progress.
What I will bring
- Minimum 5 years of payroll tax payment and/or filing experience.
- Minimum H.S. diploma/GED equivalent.
- Multi-state and multi-client local taxation experience preferred. Payroll Service Bureau experience preferred.
- Proficient attention to detail and organization skills.
- Advanced excel and payroll software skills. Experience working with tax software helps.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Outlook, Evolution Payroll software (preferred, but not required), or other payroll tax software experience.
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal.
- Must be comfortable working in a performance-based and structured environment with demonstrating high ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply basic concepts in new situations.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as work independently and make sound decisions.
- Employee will be expected to deliver timely and accurate results.
The good stuff
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA- effective day 1
- Basic Life, A+D, and STD
- 401K Program with matching
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Comradery: President’s Circle Award, Team Building, Happy Hours, Charity Drives, and Team Lunches
Who we are
Asure sees Human Capital Management (HCM) through the lens of entrepreneurs and executives with an owner’s mentality. We help businesses develop their “Human Capital” to get to the next level, stay compliant, and allocate their time, money and technology toward growth.
Our HCM platform enables more than 60,000 clients to build great teams and better manage their people while staying compliant in an ever-changing HR legislative landscape. Asure’s HCM offering includes Payroll & Tax, HR, and Time & Attendance software and HR Services ranging from online compliance tools to a fully outsourced HR department.
To provide Human Capital Management (HCM) software and services that help companies grow, while nurturing a culture of growth around us.
- Helping customers grow by getting the most from their human capital.
- Helping our employees grow personally and professionally.
- Growing relationships in our communities that inspire goodness.
- Do all of these things in a way that grows shareholder value
Be the most trusted Human Capital Management resource to entrepreneurs everywhere.
Reflect who we are and what we stand for as a company.
- Embrace Change
- Lead with Integrity
- Own the Outcome
- Deliver Awesome
- Be a Good Human
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time. Criminal background checks conducted at employment offer.