Our National Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing specialized tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, youâll be at the heart of EYâs critical mission to build a better working world, applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute â building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your key responsibilities
Youâre likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks, supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. Youâll spend much of your time providing lead compliance support to the engagement team, supervising and evaluating your assigned analysts and their work products, communicating with clients, providing tax technical recommendations and resolving engagement issues. Youâll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Supervision experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to reconcile, review and prepare (where needed) property tax renditions; review reports and documents prepared by assigned analyst
- Ability to review property analysis reports for appeals and to escalate information to services manager
- Participate in budget reviews and identify resource needs on engagements
- Serve as a resource for the assistant manager/manager; prepare client-facing work products for assistant manager/manager review and sign-off
- Participate in client-facing meetings
- Team with the assistant manager/manager on engagement economics
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent degree preferred)
- Three years or more of practical tax experience/equivalent mix of education and experience
- Experience with planning, process improvements and problem resolution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, property tax administration applications (e.g., PTMS and OneSource for Property Tax) and ability to learn other software applications
Ideally, youâll also have
- Experience in a professional services environment
What we look for
Weâre interested in people with initiative, who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. Youâll need strong software skills and the ability to handle information and data from multiple sources. If youâre ready to further build on your professional competencies, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where youâll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, as well as a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way thatâs right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, weâre using the finance products, experience and systems weâve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, weâll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.