Software Development Engineer
Amazon Freight (www.freight.amazon.com) is building the technology that enables shippers to ship their own freight using the same capabilities Amazon uses to reliably deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve technical problems, build innovative solutions, work with top notch software developers, delight our shippers, and help build a Billion dollar business - this might be the role for you.
What will you do?
You’ll work on a team that designs and develops systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in using computer science fundamentals to build quality software that scales, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. We prefer engineers who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· Design and development experience with at least one object-oriented language
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices in software development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processing, testing and operations
· Knowledge of algorithms and data structures and proven ability to create clean, maintainable software.
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Experience building clean, maintainable software.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services.
· Passionate about learning and growing as a Software Engineer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.