Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) â ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
- Leads the delivery ofsolution for a large or more complex project and platform using advanced technicalcapabilities
- Takes accountability forthe design, development, delivery and maintenance of solutions drivingcompliance with and contributing to the development of relevant standards
- Fully understandsbusiness and user requirements and ensures design specifications meet therequirements from a business and technical perspective
Your key responsibilities
- Takes accountability for the design, development, testing, operation, delivery and maintenance of a solution or infrastructure to satisfy user requirements
- Solves complex and escalated aspects of a project, performing coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the development process
- Provides advanced technical expertise to maximize efficiency, reliability and value from current solutions, infrastructure and emerging technologies, showing technical leadership and identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans
- Develops strong working relationships with peers across Development & Engineering and Architecture teams, collaborating to develop and engineer leading solutions
- Provides a leadership role for the work group, ensuring the appropriate expectations, principles, structures, tools and responsibilities are in place to deliver the project
- Drives adherence to the relevant processes, procedures, standards, technical design whilst supporting the definition, maintenance and implementation of technology standards
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced technical competency in designing, developing, and debugging solutions
- Advance experience working in Agile environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Significant relevant experience in either an internal or external software or platform engineering role, or similar
- Advanced technicalknowledge and experience in delivering software / platform engineeringsolutions providing comprehensive technical advice and managing user requirements
- Experience in an AgileEngineering / Development Environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where youâll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way thatâs right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, weâre using the finance products, expertise and systems weâve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.