Our Exciting Work Environment
Since 1996, Delaware North Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors every season, to the legions of guests that experience the concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known for.
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest – from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in our All-Inclusive Clubs. So whether it's a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.
Job Title: Retail Supervisor
Job Code(s): 3361, 3362
Job Family: Retail
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Smoky Mountain Sportservice
Reports to : Retail Manager
Pay Range: $15.00
Shift/Hours Required: Minimum of all home Predators hockey games
Age Requirement (if applic): 18
Under the direction of Retail Manager, assists in overseeing store operations and/or retail outlets and provides direction to retail associates in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Supervises retail associates; completes store operational needs by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Trains to, and maintains retail standards, policies and procedures
- Opens and closes retail locations as directed by management
- Responsible for daily cash procedures and operations
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests
- Regularly evaluates, creates, and maintains professional visual displays; provides direction to retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Ensures integrity of physical inventory and par levels
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops
- Responsible for participating in monthly inventories both in Team Store and at satellite locations
- Performs duties as assigned
- Performs retail cashier duties when needed
- Assists management with scheduling of staff
Education & Experience:
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in a customer service and/or retail environment preferred
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system required
- High school Diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
- All positions require you to successfully complete a pre-employment background check.
- Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.