The Successful Regional Practice Director:
- Fosters and supports the practice growth of experienced Financial Professionals (FP) (5+ years) in both individual and team practices.
- Skillfully coaches others and encourages collaboration between veterans and new Financial Professionals.
- Assists in regional capacity growth by focusing on the retention of vet FPs and their practices
- Build collaborative relationships with other regional leaders and foster cohesiveness and alignment within the regional team.
Motivate Veteran FPs and Grow Team Practices
- Build a plan for vet practices and cultivate a positive veteran FP culture that results in increased sales and member growth in a compliant and ethical manner. Helps veterans practices deliver an exceptional member experience.
- Be available to support veterans with business plans and goals through an efficient contact approach; coach and provide tools as needed to ensure their success. Create and execute strategies to help veteran FPs build healthy practice including book management, client service models, deepening client relationships, etc. Act as a sounding board and problem solver for vet FPs on issues that arise.
- Foster a culture that promotes personal growth and development by uncovering personal motivations and applying effective coaching techniques and; apply conflict management skills when needed.
- Encourage and support cooperation with Veteran FPs in working with new FPs (joint field work and book management). Recognize and praise collaborative contributions and accomplishments.
- Coach vets on succession planning to help ensure smooth transitions of their clients and business.
Collaborate with Others
- Build collaborative relationships with other regional leaders and foster cohesiveness and alignment within the regional team. Inform and communicate with leadership team regarding vet progress toward goals and success.
- Facilitate connections with regional directors/development leaders related to JFW and practice opportunities.
- Assist in recruiting efforts for the region by nurturing relationships with vets, leading to FP referrals and contributes to overall capacity growth through focused retention efforts.
- Demonstrate ability to use technology effectively with vet FPs and others to assist in coaching.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders within the Christian Community and centers of influence.
- Connect with corporate resources to stay informed of best practices or changes that directly impact vet productivity.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate
- Credible: Seen as an expert in what it takes to be a successful FP, both in sales process/methods and systems/technology, in order to gain respect of vet FPs.
- Results Oriented: coaches others to success and drives toward goals
- People Oriented: comfortable working with others, whether it's in large groups, small groups or one-on-one
- Adaptable: flexible, agile and amenable
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A, investments, etc).
- Experience in using the Thrivent Financial Advice Process, Salesforce and other Thrivent tools and systems (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) and ability and willingness to model, promote and demonstrate usage of tools as needed.
- Ability to present and facilitate large and small groups in order to drive understanding of concepts and practices that lead to vet FP success.
- Ability to utilize technology (i.e. Skype, Adobe Connect, etc) to connect with and coach vet FPs.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90 days.
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and appointed in all states that comprise the RFO area.
- Once FPs are assigned to this position, this position will require securities registrations, state insurance licenses and appointments in all states where FPs are conducting business and receiving commissions.
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record.
- Flexibility to travel within the region (may include overnight) and conduct business during evening hours.
- Must have own automobile to use for business purposes.
- Demonstrated track record of satisfactory performance.
- Four year college degree strongly preferred.
- Professional designation or history of significant progress toward achievement preferred.
You don't need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to guide our members on their Wise With Money Journey, equipping them to live more content, confident and generous lives. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.