For immediate consideration please email your resume directly to Nik Vierkant at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Title/Role: Python Developer
Pay Rate: $70,000 - $85,000 Base Salary + Benefits
Engagement Type: Full-Time | Direct Hire
Hours: Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Start Date: ASAP
What We Have:
Experis has an amazing opportunity to work with our client that has been chosen by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to be the Data and Research Center for the Precision Medicine Initiative Research Program, a landmark study of genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors affecting the health of a million or more people.
This initiative requires the development and maintenance of web applications and APIs to support participants, health provider staff, and researchers.
We are looking for a Python developer with experience using modern web application frameworks who will work on a data repository and API that is central to the Data and Research Center. All of our applications are continually evolving, requiring flexible software architecture and the ability to rapidly refactor and modernize. The collaborative nature of this project requires excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and refine requirements.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of web application development experience.
- 4 years of web application development experience
Minimum Experience With
- Object-Oriented Python Programming
- MVC Frameworks
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
- REST API Architecture
- Experience with Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Alembic.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud (App Engine, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, Datastore, etc.).
- Git and GitHub pull requests and continuous integration.
- Some experience/knowledge with modern PHP Development (Composer, PHP Unit, Symfony/Silex/Laravel, etc.)
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)