Project Manager, Workforce Staffing Marketing
Amazon is seeking a Project Manager who will lead projects and process improvement initiatives for the Workforce Staffing (WFS) Marketing organization. This position will be part of an exciting, fast-paced, and growing project management team (PMT). The PMT prioritizes projects where continuous process improvement and/or standardization is the focal objective.
This role will require the development/execution of project plans, creating processes and standard work, coordinating cross-functionally and implementing completed work. A successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, have an exceptional ability to influence and a passion for building data driven programs that improve marketing business operations. You are self-motivated, curious, solutions-oriented, comfortable with change, and innovative in developing best-in-class programs.
Can you excel and remain flexible in the height of ambiguity while making sound business decisions when no official process is in place? If so, then this role is for you!
Key job responsibilities
- Develop project charters/plans and lead projects through execution.
- Analyze data and drive quantifiable process improvements.
- Remain flexibility by supporting urgent requests to solve immediate emerging risks to Marketing - including the development of tools, audits, mechanisms, and processes.
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks). This involves creating new mechanisms.
- Work autonomously seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, and reasons behind leadership decisions.
- Present ideas to senior level stakeholders and implement changes based on feedback.
- Partner cross-functionally within the internal WFS Marketing organization to identify, lead, and execute projects and initiatives.
- Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
Must be willing to relocate to Seattle or Nashville area by 2022
- 3+ Years of project or program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in marketing or project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification
- Understanding of project management methodology such as waterfall, agile and hybrid approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Proven ability to lead projects, manage risks, resolve conflicts, and drive successful results
- Experience in Adobe Analytics, Amazon QuickSight, and Microsoft Excel.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.