At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The goal of the Labor Planning and Solutions (LP&S) Team within the North America Sort Center (NASC) network is to provide the right assumptions and inputs leading to the right number of people every day on every scheduled shift to process required volumes. LP&S is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Program Manager to identify and drive labor planning improvement opportunities across the NASC network. This person will work with key stakeholders in the organization to generate/extract data from BI databases, develop operations and planning metrics and analyses, execute cross-functional projects, and automate reports and tools.
This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of the business intelligence solutions, solid work ethic and drive, the ability to work independently and with primary stakeholders to solve complex problems, the ability to recommend solutions to various problems, and the skill to manage both with and without authority. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-started, comfortable with ambiguity, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
· Generating/extracting data from our BI databases to support deep dive activities
· Prioritizing, optimizing and delivering timely updates for key metrics
· Automating reports and tools with a combination of SQL, Excel
· Partnering with stakeholders to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis to help drive projects
· Uncovering trends and correlations through data mining and analysis to develop insights that can improve the business and help make effective decisions
· Building dashboards and tools that will allow our team and cross-functional partners to self-service their data needs whenever possible
· Graphically expressing data to allow easy access and understanding for a broad range of people
· Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Logistics, Mathematics or related technical field from an accredited university
· 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Engineer, or another related occupation
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Power BI, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Experience with Excel and VBA and extracting data using SQL and AWS database architectures
· Experience interacting effectively across job levels and with both internal and external partners
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
· 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Engineer, or another related occupation
· Experience in Operations, Supply Chain, or Logistics
· Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
· Experience with one or more of the statistical modeling languages/toolboxes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.