Minimum Qualifications Benefits Supplemental Questions
LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, BUREAU OF ADMINISTRATION, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION, DAVIDSON COUNTY
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Information Technology specific associate's degree and two years of professional-level experience equivalent in one of the following: (1) the configuration, installation, evaluation, monitoring, or problem diagnosis and resolution of LAN, WAN, or network hardware, software and related equipment; (2) the configuration, installation or maintenance of computer hardware and related equipment.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Any graduate coursework in Information Technology may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis to a maximum substitution of one year.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Professional experience in one of the following areas may substitute for the required associate's degree on a year-for-year basis to a maximum substitution of two years: configuration, installation, evaluation, monitoring, or problem diagnosis and resolution of LAN, WAN, or network hardware, software and related equipment or configuration, installation or maintenance of computer hardware and related equipment.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Applicants for this class must:
- Valid Driver's License.
Examination Method: Education and Experience,100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under direction, is responsible for providing advanced enterprise network hardware and software support work of considerable difficulty.
Distinguishing Features: The Network Operations Administrator-Advanced is the working-level class in the Network Operations Administrator sub-series. An employee in this position performs network operational duties in gathering data pertaining to customer needs and plans, coordinates, and implements enterprise network security measures to protect data, software and hardware. This class differs from the Network Operations Administrator-Lead in that an incumbent of the latter leads the enterprise network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Functional/Technical Competency
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Timely Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Written Communication
- Boss Relationship
- Knowledge of Network Performance Monitoring
- Knowledge of Network Preventive Maintenance
- Knowledge of Network Security
- Knowledge of Network Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Network Hardware Replacement
- Knowledge of Network Systems Design
- Knowledge of Network Systems Configuration
- Knowledge of Network Systems Testing
- Knowledge of Network Software Design
- Knowledge of Network Software Configuration
- Knowledge of Network Software Testing
- Knowledge of Network Operational Utilities
- Knowledge of Network Integration Testing
- Knowledge of Network Training Concepts
- Knowledge of Network Equipment Performance
- Knowledge of Network Equipment Installation and Maintenance
- Knowledge of Network Hubs
- Knowledge of Network Routers
- Knowledge of Network Switches
- Knowledge of Network Controllers
- Knowledge of Network Load Balancers
- Service Orientation
- Operations Analysis
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operations Monitoring
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Complex Problem Solving
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Evaluation
- Management of Financial Recourses
- Oral Comprehension
- Deductive Reasoning
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Speed of Closure
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Dynamic Strength