TITLE: Mobile Facilities Maintenance Technician
SUPERVISOR ROLE: No
Working under general supervision and driving between buildings, you will perform general preventative maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, systems, equipment, and grounds. Assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. May utilize skills in plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all necessary mechanical maintenance and operational procedures to assure maximum life and reliability to all mechanical systems.
- Responsible for general maintenance and operational duties which include, but are limited to, performance testing, maintenance, adjustment, and care of the following:
- HVAC equipment including: RTU (roof top unit), SCU (self-contained unit), Chillers, Boilers, Pumps
- Plumbing systems including: Residential and Commercial
- Electrical systems: Generators and ATS (automatic transfer switch)
- HVAC systems: Knowledge of DDC (direct digital controls) and Pneumatic Systems
- HVAC auxiliary systems
- Lighting systems and lighting retrofits
- General building systems
- Enter information in the property’s maintenance record system.
- Participate in company or external educational opportunities offered to enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of members of the engineering department.
- Respond to and complete tenant work orders and PMs in ETS in a timely manner. Typical requests include: light bulb replacement, hot/cold calls, repair locks and doors and miscellaneous requests as required.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance at all times. Repair or replace damaged uniforms as needed.
- Perform duties within the required time frame as directed by the Lead or Chief Facilities Maintenance Technician.
- Oversee and inspect work performed by outside contractors in compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain inventory of lighting, plumbing, HVAC, and other building related supplies and tools.
- Proactively inspect grounds and building appearance and condition.
- Supplied Company Vehicle
- Mobile FMT responsible to schedule maintenance to company vehicle i.e., oil changes, alignment, etc.
- Follow all state traffic laws while in company vehicle.
- Maintaining a clean appearance inside and out of the vehicle.
- Vehicle not to be used for personal use.
- Keep vehicle locked when not in use.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Some College or Technical School preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience in building maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints preferred.
- Knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire panels, and fire pumps preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants, vendors, employees and visitors.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Basic working knowledge of building control and automation systems.
- Knowledge of Work Space, ETS or other preventative maintenance service request system preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of PDAs or Smart Phones.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CFC/EPA 608 Certification preferred.
- BOMA Institute participation preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb a ladder, bend, twist, crawl, and jump.
- Able to work in tight spaces and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Able to differentiate primary colors and read gauges on meters.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check and drug screening.
ABOUT LINCOLN HARRIS CORPORATE SERVICES GROUP
Lincoln Harris Corporate Services Group (CSG) is a collective product of Dallas-based Lincoln Property Company (LPC), and Charlotte-based The Harris Group. We are part of the vast resources of LPC- a full-service real estate company with 5,000 employees in 27 states and 8 countries and a portfolio in excess of 150 million square feet. LPC was founded in 1965 and has developed assets in excess of $12 billion. We currently have 17 health care industry related clients and over 18 million square feet of health care real property.
Our promise of value starts with our core values of:
- Client focus
- Service & Technology