Mechanical Project Engineer - Nashville, TN
Our Mechanical Engineering team never designs the same machine twice. You will be challenged to think outside the box and solve practical problems with no standard solution. As a lead member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop conceptual designs for customer or sales and quoting
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Complete layout of machine through detail of all components.
- Solve practical problems with no standard solution.
- Continually contact vendors for proper sizing and quotation of purchased items needed for design.
- Responsible to assist with the successful management of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to assist with the management of direct, indirect and overtime hours as they relate to workload, budget & timing.
- Responsible to assist in developing the Mechanical Engineering department through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement and mentoring.
This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5+ years of industrial automation experience.
- 5+ years of machine design experience
Skills You’ll Have:
- Solidworks or Pro Engineer experience
- Experience design automated equipment
- Experience designing high-speed continuous motion equipment for medical device or pharma industries OR experience designing process equipment for Rubber, Paper, Fiber, Film or Non woven industries
Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology.
Come think, solve, & create with us!