This position will involve the installation of architectural grade doors, frames, and hardware, to include toilet accessories, toilet partitions, lockers, and other Division 10 products. This position operates in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Follows instructions from field supervisor regarding installation of doors, frames, and hardware, to include toilet accessories, toilet partitions, lockers, and other Division 10 materials
- Works independently and with other installers to install Division 8/10 products as assigned and trained
- Responsible for installation of more technically advanced or demanding architectural grade products
- Follows manufacturer direction and warranty requirements when installing products
- Tracks time and materials as required for each installation project
- Maintain all equipment in good working order and report and malfunctions to field supervisor
- Train entry level technicians on proper installation techniques and methods
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Provides quality customer service
- Attends all training to learn new technology of building materials and installation methods as required by location management
- Any other duties assigned by field supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Some installation experience with doors, frames and hardware products
- Clean driving record required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and use a measuring tape, level and other required tools for installation required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written and verbal skills required with the ability to communicate and understand detailed instructions
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 50-100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
May require driving to project sites. May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.