IT Support Associate II
About The Role
The OpsTech IT Centralized team provides world-class remote IT technical services & support to Amazon’s World-Wide Fulfillment Operations teams on a 24x7 basis from regions around the globe. Members of the OpsTech IT Centralized team solve a wide variety of IT issues and are the first point of escalation for our customers to resolve issues in an expeditious manner. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straight forward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
About the Team
Team members in North America, typically work on 4-day, 10 hour per day shift. Current guidance for work location includes 3 days in office with a remote work arrangement. We are currently hiring in Amazon’s corporate building in downtown Nashville.
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: - Provide remote technical support to Amazon Associates worldwide.
· Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with organizational standards.
· Diagnose and troubleshoots a variety of end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
· Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
· Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of knowledge management.
· Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
· Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling, weekends, and holidays
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts and sneakers are acceptable. Get your certifications and education paid for through our innovative programs.
The pay for this position in Nashville is $25 per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
· 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
· High school or equivalent diploma
· 1+ year of practice in the set up and installation of computer and networking equipment in a professional environment
· A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications.
· Experience troubleshooting integrated and interdependent computer systems.
· Experience maintaining zebra thermal printers, troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals.
· Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
· Service Management, Project Management, and Inventory Management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work, prioritize and make decisions independently in a fast-paced production environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.