JOB TITLE: High School English Language Learners (ELL)Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
Be a LEADer. Teach ELL at LEAD Public Schools.
English Language Learners (ELL) teachers are champions for the cause of equality within the school and make sure that their students are receiving the support they need to be successful within the school culture. Our ideal ELL teacher is passionate about supporting our students learning English, loves working with students who need the most support, is flexible, is coachable, and wants to grow as a teacher.
The LEAD Environment
Our ELL teachers work relentlessly with their teammates to ensure that all of our English Language Learners are receiving the best support possible to aid in their transition to our school environment, but also meet the established Tennessee standards by the end of the year. This incredible work is done through coaching and support from administration, implementing regular feedback, collaboration with colleagues, data analysis, and working to make sure that students who come in below grade level rise above the challenges they face.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
Successful teachers at LEAD Public Schools are committed to put in the extra effort to ensure that our students have access to a high quality education. Our teachers persevere through difficult challenges, set goals for our students, and don’t give up. We ask our teachers to be flexible, hard working, and constantly striving to improve their abilities in the classroom to meet our students’ needs. We are looking for high school ELL teachers.
- Design and implement rigorous unit plans and lessons that meet the needs of all students with clear, standard aligned objectives and appropriate assessments to gauge student comprehension
- Participate in bi-weekly coaching meetings to internalize content, teaching moves, and classroom management to improve your practice
- Participate in a collaborative learning environment with other team members including grade level work, content teams, and professional development throughout the school year
- Execute school based duties that can include student conferences, arrival and dismissal, transitions, lunch duty, and other assigned by the school leadership team
- Our ideal ELL teacher is passionate about developing young readers, loves working with students who need the most support, is flexible, is coachable, and wants to grow as a teacher.
- Experience: Minimum of two years teaching experience preferred, but not required. Previous experience with diverse student populations or in an urban setting preferred
- Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree is required. Candidates must have either (a) valid Tennessee teaching license with the appropriate content endorsement to teach ELL, or (b) a valid out of state license that can successfully be transferred to Tennessee within 90 days of employment, or (c) demonstrate you are on track to complete the necessary steps towards certification in Tennessee.
- Other Qualifications or Characteristics: Belief in the LEAD mission that all students are capable of success while preparing them for college and for life. Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.