The Ops Tech IT Supply Chain organization manages a large suite of supplier portfolios and is responsible for a wide variety of global project initiatives that cross business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Projects vary significantly in complexity, size, and scope and include a wide range of project types, including but not limited to, new business initiatives, new facilities, new products, change management, and life-cycle.
As a Global Demand Manager, you will build out a global team and serve as a leader of leaders overseeing demand planning and integrated master scheduling functions globally. Demand planning is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and IT products. The Demand Planning team creates and maintains forecast models, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sources such as new facility build schedules, product life-cycle management and repair requirements across the network. The Demand Planning team serves as the integration point between customer requirements and supply capability. The team leads the dialogue each month for the demand review and input into the S&OP process. Integrated Master Scheduling serves as the schedule management subject matter expert and is responsible for developing, updating and maintaining the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), ensuring the right products are in the right place at the right time.
In this role, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and onboard leaders for demand planning and integrated master scheduling roles around the globe that raise the bar for the team and ensure they are setup for success.
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments.
- Provide guidance, support, and over-site ensuring team members are happy, productive and have the tools and resources necessary to meet the expectation of their defined roles.
- Participate in recruiting and development of talent, within the larger organization, guide, mentor and coach others raising the bar.
- Provide guidance, support and over-site ensuring proactive professional gap analysis of demand and master scheduling supply plans.
- Lead and or participate in planning, influencing, and implementing long-term demand planning and master scheduling strategies.
- Develop and sustain strong ongoing relationships with leadership, stakeholders, and diverse cross functional teams globally.
- Champion data-driven decision making.
- Set clear, measurable, quality goals in a data-driven way.
- Partner, work collaboratively, and participate in interactive S&OP sessions providing pertinent information for demand planning and the IMS in support of global IT Initiatives throughout the Amazon Operations Organization.
- Compose or provide guidance and over-site ensuring creation, evolution, and maintenance of demand planning and master scheduling policies, procedures, documentation and workflows.
- Compose or participate in strategy, OP planning, business reviews, other white papers and status documentation.
- Define and ensure key demand and master scheduling metrics are measured and regularly reported via reports and dashboards enabling continuous improvement, sustainability, and helping you operate your part of the Supply Chain business.
- Have the obsession to invent, simplify, and drive a better customer experience.