Job Title: Front Office Manager
Position Reports To: Director of Internal Operations
At STRIVE Collegiate Academy, our mission is to prepare middle school students for success in high school, college, and career. We will achieve this by empowering each student with a literacy-based curriculum aligned across all content areas in a culture that encourages leadership, virtue, and excellence as the foundation for success in all of their endeavors.
STRIVE Collegiate Academy is a tuition-free college preparatory charter school, serving students of Nashville, TN. We are dedicated to closing the achievement gap between low-income students and their more advantaged peers. STRIVE opened in July 2015 and serves grades 5th-8th grade. STRIVE plans to serve students in the McGavock Cluster (Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory, & Napier) and are committed to going above and beyond to ensure students are successful in high school, college, and life.
Every STRIVE Staff Member will...
Be Self-Advocates for themselves and our students.
Be Team-oriented by working with peers, students, and families to help support teaching and learning through academics and character.
Be Resilient by demonstrating perseverance and learning through challenging situations to ensure professional and student growth.
Model Integrity by being transparent as educators through self, peer, and school leadership feedback and committing to strengthening skills needed to develop professionally.
Model Virtue by exhibiting moral excellence in what they think, say, and do.
STRIVE for Excellence by providing a top-quality education for every student, every day.
The Front Office Manager will play a pivotal role in establishing the culture of the school. Often considered the “heart beat” of the school, the Office Manager will need to be flexible and capable of adapting to various situations with an entrepreneurial attitude. The Office Manager will report directly to the Operations Leader. The Office Manager ensures the efficient operation of the school’s main office and works with members of the leadership team to ensure the success of the school. Spanish speaker preferred.
The Office Manager’s primary duties include, but are not limited to:
Main Office & Equipment
- Ensure that the front office space is adequately decorated and organized, greet parents and visitors to the school, and maintain school safety.
- Perform clerical duties, including data entry, mail correspondence, office supply inventory, and answering phones.
- Ensure that school’s copier machines, fax, & phones are always in working order, that clear instructions for operating this equipment (particularly copy machines) are readily available and that mechanical problems are dealt with immediately when/if they arise.
- Ensure school/staff/students always have the materials they need. Regularly used supplies are identified and replenished without staff request; essential supplies are never missing.
- Prior to the beginning of the school year, proactively reach out to the School Leader for planning sessions, place orders well in advance, and ensure school is fully stocked and set up by the first day of classes.
- Establish clear systems for staff to request items and then work to fulfill all standard requests in 24-48 hours.
- Produce basic data such as student attendance by grade on a daily basis and other ad-hoc reports at the request of the School Leader.
- Work in conjunction with School Leader/Deans of Student Achievement on report cards/progress reports/transcripts and to create a project calendar/map that delivers these reports on time based on instructional timelines.
- Serve as liaison between school leadership and STRIVE stakeholders so that the appearance and information on Progress Reports/Report Cards/Transcripts satisfies school expectations based on unique needs.
Communication & Events (Parent & Community)
- Contact parents regarding absences, missing assignments, teacher concerns, or student illness, etc.
- Parent Letters: Coordinate, solicit, compile contributions; format and distribute parent letters.
- Visitors/Community Partners: Act as a point person in coordination with Operations Team for hosting visitors for school tours.
- Weekly Notes: Assist with regular staff memos.
- Collaborate with community partners to provide translation services for communication with families.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations & Instructional Team to plan the logistics of Family Data Days, Performances, Parent Nights, Promotion Ceremony, and other school events.
Work in collaboration with the Operations Team, including, but not limited to the following:
- Operational logistics of student testing.
- Maintenance of school’s facilities & materials.
- Maintenance of food and transportation services.
Staff Culture/Joy Factor
- Help with staff appreciation/joy factor (e.g. ordering food for professional development sessions, cakes for birthdays, token gifts for holidays, rallying resources for a staff benefit, etc.)
- Assisting the School Leader, and members of the leadership team, as directed.
-Co-lead After Care on a rotation basis
-Co-lead Electives as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to STRIVE’s vision, mission and values.
- A minimum of high school degree or equivalent; Associates degree or more (preferred, but not required).
- Business related work experience.
- Bilingual (Preferred, but not required)
- Outstanding project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong track record of collaborating with others and building relationships.
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize and multi-task among competing goals, while exhibiting flexibility in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working in a school setting (preferred, but not required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands: Long periods of standing, sitting, as well as squatting and kneeling; and have the ability to lift items up to 25 lbs is required. There will be continued use of hands, wrist and arm movements. Requires normal/corrected vision and hearing. Very little physical effort will be required. Position will require very limited overnight travel.
- Work environment: Position will have periods of extended work week hours. Required to understand the importance of the job assignment and strive for high quality performance in all position responsibilities.
General Sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies. Duties may be changed at the discretion of STRIVE Collegiate Academy at any time.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
STRIVE Collegiate Academy is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. STRIVE Collegiate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, or national or ethnic origin.