STEM Prep Academy Vision:
Graduates of STEM Prep will become persistent and steadfast problem-solvers, active leaders in the community, and highly engaged and empathetic citizens of the world. By cultivating a community of learning and academic excellence, STEM Prep will bolster the number of underrepresented students who graduate from the most competitive postsecondary programs and universities in the country and lead the discoveries and innovations of the future.
What you need to know about STEM:
STEM Preparatory Academy is a public charter school that serves over one thousand students in grades 5-12. The STEM Prep student body is made up of a unique, highly diverse population from Southeast Nashville. We have one of the highest percentage of Hispanic and Latino students in the state and serve nearly half of the highest-poverty neighborhoods in Nashville. Roughly 80% of STEM Prep students have been classified as English Learners during their academic career.
STEM Prep is among the highest performing public middle schools in Tennessee. STEM has been recognized as a Reward School by the state of Tennessee for performing in the top 5% of schools in the state for progress and growth. Since our inception, students have consistently outperformed their peers in both the district and state in every subject area and 100% of our graduating seniors were accepted into college.
The Front Office Receptionist at STEM Preparatory Academy is an important person and responsible for helping the school day run smoothly. Successful candidates will be great communicators, have strong organizational skills, and love working in a fast paced environment.
All STEM Prep staff members are responsible for cultivating and sustaining the STEM Prep culture of care, excellence, and achievement through modeling learning and leadership behaviors for students, teachers, parents, and all members of the community. The Front Office Receptionist will report to the School Director.
Salary for this position is $25,000 a year and includes benefits. This is a 12-month role.
- Greet and welcome guests warmly as soon as they arrive; Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Record student attendance
- Communicate with parents in a timely manner
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Proficiency in basic technology skills
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Familiarity with working in a school
- Warm and friendly demeanor
- Proactive communicator
- Belief that all students can, will, and want to learn.
STEM Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age, and/or disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, or activities. STEM Prep does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
Perks of being a Charger!
· Free coffee—always stocked!
· 24 hour/7 day access to building and track
· Unlimited copies with copy machines that staple and hole-punch
· Provided school supplies and decorations for your classroom at the beginning of the year
· A projector and document camera in every classroom
· A school issued laptop to use for the school year
· Instructional coaching and frequent professional development to help you achieve student outcomes
· Multiple lunches, breakfasts, and dinners provided throughout the school year
· Teacher salary is 10% higher than MNPS!
· Great benefits including vision, dental, medical, and life
· Assistance with personal financial planning and retirement savings
· Provided curriculum for math, science, reading, and composition teachers
· Staff outings
· Ample number of breaks in accordance to the school calendar
· Generous maternity/paternity leave
· Protective school leaders and administrative staff when it comes to dealing with uncooperative parties
· Referral bonuses up to $1,000 for recruiting teammates
· Stipends for presenting at a local, regional, or national conference
· Tuition reimbursement for hard-to-staff positions