Field Sales Coach - Consumer Tire
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Field Sales Coach will support and develop the selling capability of all levels of Field Sales Representatives for the Consumer Replacement Division of Bridgestone Americas. This position will act as a coach to all Field Sales Representatives to enhance their capabilities by complimenting existing training. The focus of this roll will be to develop an enhance key skills and tools required by the Consumer Sales Division including: being an indispensable business partner, teaching fact- based sales techniques through the “Tire Navigator” curriculum, and clear communications on proven methods to sell in a digital space.
Because the training implemented by this position will be conducted in-market with local sales teams, this position is field-based and requires travel up to 70% of the time. The ideal candidate can live anywhere in the United States, so long as the candidate has easy access to a major airport.
- Recommend next level training to continuously upgrade skills of the field team
- Build curriculum, facilitate training and certified in specific sales training including train the trainer role, reducing costs while maximizing selling capabilities
- Plan and manage the content and skill practice sessions in collaboration with the Selling Capability & Training Manager and Consumer Sales Leadership to build high-performing teams.
- Extensive travel with field team to access current teammate capabilities, identify gaps, and identify future needs
- Act as a field Sales performance expert by:
- Coaching sales teammates and leaders
- Understand the Consumer Sales complete value proposition and how we use it to sell effectively
- Partner with Selling Capability & Training Manager to develop and update sales training curriculum based on current and changing market conditions
- Create and participate in plans for change management
- Lead the development of new programs and activities to enhance the skillsets of Corporate Account Representatives, Area Sales Managers, Key Account Managers, and District Managers.
- Understand market and sales trends to prepare teammates as Sales roles evolve
- Responsible to develop, deliver and facilitate sales training & development programs
- Collaborate and partner with key cross functional teams
- BS or BA Degree (MBA a plus)
- Travel 70% of time
- 5+ years sales experience + 1 years of experience building sales curriculum
- Understanding of Bridgestone and Firestone Consumer brands and products
- Understanding of Consumer Sales distribution channels and customer programs; National Customers, Wholesale Distributors, Retail (BARNN), Car Dealer, B2B, Government, etc.
- Understanding of product portfolio and merchandising plans
- Proven experience building curriculum and implementing sales training programs from the ground up
- Proven leadership in training facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-function
- Strong analytical and business intelligence skills
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.