Empire Distributors Inc, A Leading Beverage Distributor is now hiring a Driver Supervisor. The supervisor assists the Transportation Manager in the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Delivery Route Truck Drivers in order to ensure the optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel in the safest manner. Our company offers excellent benefits, competitive wages and the potential for growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains and supervises the daily activities of the drivers.
- Coordinates and adjusts daily driver functions with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational policies and procedures.
- Drives routes when necessary.
- Performs initial training for new drivers and sustainment or refresher training for drivers.
- Documents training activities and reviews application of training.
- Has daily interaction with drivers to ensure safety and performance expectations are communicated.
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- Periodically responsible for office duties, such as dispatching, customer service inquiries, and log book maintenance.
- Investigates safety concerns and accidents to ensure established training practices prevent or reduce future occurrence.
- “Rides-with“ drivers to review performance standards and safety practices. Documents findings and
- incorporates needed changes in the training and performance standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous route delivery and/or supervisory experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
TN ABC Wholesaler's Employee Permit
Valid Driver License with F Endorsement
Current DOT Medical Card
Basic computer knowledge including spreadsheet and word processing software.
PLEASE COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN “RESUME“ SECTION. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an “at-will“ basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President.
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged. #CB