The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Digital Content/SEO Specialist coordinates the design, development, and content of the WWP website, and ensures the website is continuously fully functioning to provide the best user experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrate WWP website content with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and marketing to develop and maintain an online reputation in alignment with WWP's strategic direction.
- Collaborate with internal WWP teams to ensure website content is current and relevant. Collaborate to implement projects to ensure goals and deadlines are being met.
- Maintain organizational content calendar that effectively utilizes dedicated website spaces for marketing outreach of programmatic and donor related events.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of online efforts through onsite metrics and dashboards by providing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to appropriate teams.
- Collaborate with SEO vendor and internal teams to ensure site content performs according to strategy across all web properties, including WWP main site, donation forms and News Room.
- Maintain a consistent look, feel, and voice across all WWP web properties, e.g., main site, Cool Careers, Carry Forward & Community Fundraising platforms, News Room, and other warrior interfacing website.
- Work closely with IT department to maintain website standards and to recommend new development, technology and design relating to cross-developmental and design projects.
- Work closely with online direct response team to recommend effective landing pages that produce higher conversion rates in online advertising strategies.
- Maintain web properties to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated working understanding of content management systems, e.g., umbraco, drupal.
- Demonstrated working understanding and skills with the Salesforce.com platform.
- Demonstrated understanding of how marketing channels integrate together including PR, email marketing, social media, SEO, and paid search. Demonstrated working understanding of social media marketing.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and other industry-related platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize industry standard tools, Google Search Console, Moz, SEMrush, SiteImprove.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite, e.g., Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend solutions to technical hurdles involving website, CMS, and design.
- Effective communication skills including demonstrated concept, editing, proofreading, and copywriting skills.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully function as a team member.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve using excellent reasoning abilities, and demonstrating sound judgment.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Four years of experience working with content management systems, e.g. umbraco, drupal.
- Four years of experience using Google Analytics and other industry related platforms.
- Four years of experience utilizing industry standard tools, e.g., Google Search Console, Moz, SEMrush, SiteImprove.
Certifications & Licensure
- Certified Google Analytics preferred.