Diesel Technician-Pumps and Power (Nashville, Tennessee, United States)
Req #: 28501
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 4,900 employees and approximately 270 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The purpose of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic C position is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program. This incumbent is a developing technician and assume a supporting role within the branch. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of his facility, the region and corporation.
- Follow a consistent and regular schedule to perform various types of maintenance on heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Operate and test equipment
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Perform additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
- Basic Understanding Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel)
- Understands the importance of time management
- Ability to read and comprehend the standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Customer service skills
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationals origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.