Help us architect our future. Be a leader of leaders. Get ready for a job that encourages you to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Do you have problem-solving and Analytical experience? If so, prepare to innovate, create and inspire. The Data Modeling Advisor Analyzes logical database designs, data models and relational databases with data definitions to gather requirements for data modelers to develop the models across multiple environments, primarily, but not limited to, the government business data warehouses.
Cigna is a global health service company dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being, and peace of mind. But we don't just care about your well –being, we care about your career health too. That's why when you work with us, you can count on a different kind of career – you'll make a difference, learn a ton and share in changing the way people think about healthcare.
- Analyzes logical database designs, data models and relational databases with data definitions to gather requirements for data modelers to develop the models across multiple environments, primarily, but not limited to, the government business data warehouses.
- Leads and participates in the requirement gathering meetings with business stakeholders to understand the organization's needs and capture data requirements.
- Understands the business requirements and translates it into conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Analyzes reporting/consumption/provisioning requirements that data models need to support.
- Analyzes multiple transactional data source system requirements that data models need to support.
- Work with the Cigna DMS Architecture team, Enterprise Architect team, and Data Modeling Team to create data marts and provisioning objects for business consumption.
- Work with the Cigna DMS Architecture team, Enterprise Architect team, and Data Modeling Team to create data models to support transactional data systems.
- Performs data analysis and data profiling of source system databases and files to refine requirements for data model creation.
- Defines appropriate business definitions of entities and attributes to capture appropriate metadata for the data models.
- Creates and maintains source-to-target mapping documentation in conjunction with data modelers and full-stack engineers to fulfill ETL integration processes.
- Conducts business review sessions and arrive at a consensus on the design.
- Exercises consistency and high quality in the creation of source to target mapping documentation and conducts mapping review sessions with data modelers and full-stack engineers.
- Provide Health Care domain inputs to the data model design team.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Intermediate to advanced MS SQL (SSMS), Teradata, and MS Excel skills
- Experience with data analysis and data profiling
- Self-driven and able to function with minimal direction from Manager
- Has the ability to engage business and data stakeholders to resolve questions or issues
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing for priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a quick learner and a team player
- 8+ years of the following experience: data analysis, business, and functional requirements gathering, report and dashboard mockup/wireframe creation, process documentation, user-facing, and excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with data modeling tools (e.g. Erwin) and concepts for data modeling preferred.
- Logical reasoning and attention to detail skills preferred.
- Experience with Medicare / Medicaid preferred.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.