Consultant, Inside Sales-Outbound
What the Consultant, Inside Sales-Outbound contributes to Cardinal Health
This role responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers. The Sales Consultant leads the sales process and strengthens strategic business partnerships nationally. Sales Consultants are tasked with increasing business with current customers while continuing to pursue and secure new high- level opportunities through active collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Introduces Metro Medical to directed nationwide specialties. Develops relationships with physicians, practice administrators, business managers, purchasing staff, c-suite as appropriate to secure business.
- Applies knowledge of the customer’s business to develop optimal solutions.
- Develops and continues to support a level of customer intimacy with each Provider that brings value to the practice but continues to help Cardinal Health-Metro Medical drive customer-focused research and innovation.
- Travels within assigned territory multiple times a year (6-8 week cycle) based on direction of management and market conditions to call on new prospects and existing customers. Also represents Metro Medical (GPO’s) at industry meetings within assigned territory or at a National level.
- Conducts management-defined number of outbound calls and prospecting activities to meet sales goals.
- Conducts analysis and tracking activities related to sales administrative activities, including maintaining competitive marketplace information, customer status tracking, product sales analysis and other analytic work as needed.
- Negotiates and communicates pharmaceutical contracts and pricing to customers. Works internally or with manufacturers to onboard, align, manage and optimize contracts pertinent to business.
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing customers and continues to expand those relationships.
- Participates and contributes in meetings, business development programs and other presentations as required.
- Establishes relationships with Pharmaceutical (Manufacturer) representatives and other Business Partners.
- Maximizes pull through opportunities via referrals from existing customers, business partners, manufacturer partners and the Cardinal Health enterprise.
- Maintains a customer matrix which is updated daily with appropriate contact information, notes and account activity.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Min 2 years sales experience
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent Communications skills
- MS Office
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.