Sink your teeth into something new.
Tend is the world’s first dental wellness experience. Dental care used to be just about your teeth. We make it about your entire wellbeing. With doctors you love, technology that eases, and an environment that soothes, we turn every moment of your visit into a whole-you wellness experience. Before, the best you could hope for was “You won’t feel a thing.” At Tend, we want you to feel something great.
We’re looking for brush buffs, gargle gurus, floss bosses (and novices, too), and anyone who cares about making dentist visits something to savor to join our small and growing team. Headquartered in NYC and Nashville with dental practices opening in Manhattan in 2019, we’re building a totally fresh take on oral wellness, and we want you to sink your teeth in, whether you swear by mint or cinnamon (or chai).
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the Company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities; this will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, legal, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships & partnership compliance, and private & institutional financing.
In addition to these core responsibilities, the CFO will drive strategy and implement operational discipline and focus to optimize the business and maximize value creation. This role will partner with each functional area to drive KPI’s, drive operational change, create new business opportunities, critically focus on execution of the business plan and lead with operational excellence.
- Lead the development and continuous evaluation of short-term and long-range strategic financial objectives.
- Direct short-term and long-range budget planning, to support strategic business goals.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance.
- Drive the Company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals & objectives.
- Lead business planning and execution with all areas of the organization, specifically working with the operations function to execute on the strategy designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Establish internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the business and for their measurement and effectiveness.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
- Define the corporate financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements / implications of business decisions to CEO and Board.
- Conduct meaningful proactive analysis to improve key business decisions focusing on the management of working capital, use of financial vehicles, and others.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience in private equity or management consulting is highly preferred.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible leadership roles, preferably in direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in developing broad-scoped business relationships and managing and growing early stage companies.
- Experience providing strategic leadership of the finance function in a high growth organization.
- Team player with a competitive spirit to excel and the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Ability to develop, layout, and follow through on detailed business plans and programs.
- Integrative team working style, easy contact, rapid to adaptation, can foster team spirit.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with sound judgement grounded in accuracy and timely analyses.
- Strong people leadership skills, values collaboration and an inclusive work environment.
- Must be comfortable with the high growth / small company dynamic of rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Extremely resourceful, highly creative and high energy, able to brainstorm and implement new ideas.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
With two HQ Hubs, we're open to a CFO in either Nashville or NYC.
Our goodie bags are pretty impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin! Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage (including the best dental care anywhere!), 401(k) with an employer-match, generous paid time off plus company holidays, ClassPass benefit (because we want you to tend to your whole body), a pre-tax commuter benefit, and more!
We still have our baby teeth. But the big ones are growing in quickly. Join us as we launch our first NYC locations in 2019 and build a diverse, multidisciplinary team that can bite off anything!