Business Intelligence Engineer
The Amazon Vision Operations Center (AVOC) currently handles remote resolution of technologies that employ machine learning and computer vision.
The AVOC team is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer for our New Business Development and Prototype division in Nashville, TN. You will work closely with a team of program and operations managers to drive initiatives around remote support for automation throughout the Amazon network. You will direct the analysis and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities. Your ownership of the scoping and design of new metrics and enhancement of existing ones will help support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability. You will represent the broader team to communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing. These analysis and metrics will help ensure we are focused on what is important, enable clarity and focus, and delight our customers.
- Prototyping – Work with a cross functional team of program managers, operations managers and business analysts to enable efficient prototyping of new tools/technologies, before global launch. The team will apply process knowledge and advanced analytics using SQL/R/Python/Statistical Analysis, to test tools, improve processes and ensure the tools are ready for live
- Deep Dive and Advanced Analytics – Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business. Understand trends related to Amazon business and recommend strategies to stakeholders to drive business growth by providing key insights, using statistical rigor. Respond with urgency to high priority requests of business leaders
- Metrics and Reports - Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
- The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with Excel, SQL, R, Python or other scripting languages
- Experience leading small to medium sized projects
- Strong organizational skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, mediation and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Masters in Analytics/Business Intelligence/Statistics
- Experience with AWS (QuickSight S3, Athena, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch)
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems using automation tools
- Ability to lead enterprise-level programs and projects
- Deadline driven, team player, with demonstrated strong customer focus
- Self-motivate with demonstrated ability to follow through on issues
- Experience in a highly analytical, data-driven environment with cross-functional interactions.
- Ability to inspire others to action in order to achieve business outcomes.