People come to work at Parallel Wireless because we are building the future of telecom. They stay, because they are challenged and driven by an incredible product and team. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, and our culture fosters an atmosphere of empowerment, trust, respect, and communication
The Principal Technical Writer will work with a cross functional team in a fast moving, startup
environment to author, edit and organize highly technical content for mobile telephony systems composed of hardware and software.
The documentation set includes content developed for various user types including administrator, network operations user and consumer end user. This candidate must have excellent writing skills, organizational skills, and be able to work with and use
the appropriate style guide. The technical writer will be responsible for conducting quality reviews, editing content, determining content reuse, and ensuring that content meets style and branding guidelines.
The candidate should be prepared to present writing samples.
What you must have:
- Proven technical writing and editing skills with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Self starter who can use products and work with SMEs to produce quality content
- Ability to produce on time deliverables with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 5 years of experience authoring in DITA (Oxygen editor or similar)
- Experience with DITA CCMS administration (SDL Tridion, Componize or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Adobe FrameMaker.
- Experience or familiarity with defect tracking (Jira) and Wiki pages (Confluence)
- Experience or familiarity with source control tools (SVN or Git)
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Willingness to continuously improve and maintain skills.
- FrameMaker to DITA conversions
- Agile environment
- MadCap Flare forPDF and HTML 5
- online help publishing
- CSS development
- Content analysis and information architecture
- Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field. Degree in BS/BE/CS/EE or similar area a plus
Parallel Wireless is the leading U.S.-based company challenging the world’s legacy vendors with the industry’s only unified ALL G (5G/4G/3G/2G) software-enabled OpenRAN solutions. Its cloud-native OpenRAN and network architectures redefine network economics for global mobile operators in both coverage and capacity deployments, while also paving the way to 5G.
Through open collaboration with the OpenRAN ecosystem partners, Parallel Wireless created a world first and largest fully-compliant OpenRAN ecosystem that is capable of delivering the next generation of wireless infrastructure at dramatically lower cost, ensuring more equal access to 5G across the globe. The company’s OpenRAN portfolio is designed to help their customers modernize their networks, reduce deployment cost and complexity, increase operational efficiency, enable interoperability, find new revenue streams, and start deploying multi-vendor 5G networks today. The company’s customers include over 60 global mobile operators, as well as private and public industries and governments that use their software-defined network portfolio to reimagine their networks. Parallel Wireless's innovation and excellence in multi-technology, open virtualized RAN solutions have been recognized with 65+ industry awards. Please visit www.parallelwireless.com for more information.