Candidate must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. Demonstrate understanding of and a strong personal commitment to reproductive rights, goals, and Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida's principles and philosophies.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is looking for the right candidate to fill the Health Center Assistant (Front Reception) Position for our Naples Health Center.
Daily responsibilities will vary, as needed and as assigned. Must be able to work independently through the check in and check out process for patients. Must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service.
- Perform front desk responsibilities, which generally include telephones, scheduling, intake, fee collection, patient check out procedures, filing, and administrative support.
- Be proficient in Health Center software and hardware - check patients in and out, run reports as directed.
- Verify patient insurance
- Sell contraceptive supplies/refills as needed.
- Complete inventory supply requests and alert Health Center manager of supply needs.
- Assure accurate client fee collection and receipts, summarize day sheets, prepare bank deposits, take deposit to the bank and reconcile cash drawer at the end of the day.
- Ensure front desk area, lobby/waiting room and waiting room restroom are clean and tidy with adequately stocked supplies.
- See that all required forms are properly completed, check for accuracy and appropriate signatures, and see that coding is done promptly and correctly.
- Assist Centralized Follow-up staff in administrative tasks.
- Be trained and competent in PPFA/PPSWCF and all other required training(s), familiarity and competency in utilizing the CAL (Center for Affiliate Learning)
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue goals
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity
- Assure accurate client fee collection and receipts, summarize day sheets, prepare bank deposits, and reconcile cash drawer at the end of the day.
- Make bank deposits as designated by Health Center Manager.
- May be required to travel to other sites within the affiliate
- Advocate for the mission of Planned Parenthood and respond to action alerts as presented by the Director of Public Affairs
- Other duties as assigned by the Health Center Manager, or Director of Patient Services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of abortion protocols.
- Education : High school or GED, additional college credits or degree preferred.
- Must be committed to quality medical care, informed consent, and confidentiality .
- Must be sensitive to individual client need and problems.
- Must believe in voluntary family planning and reproductive choice and have strong interpersonal skills.
- One year of medical office experience or two years experience in a customer service role with the general public.
- Experience in a family planning setting and knowledge of contraceptive technology preferred.
- Language Skills: Accuracy in verbal and written communications. Bilingual/Spanish helpful.
- Reasoning abilities: Proven ability to evaluate and determine appropriate course of action with fairness and accuracy.
- Equipment/Machine use: Medical and office equipment as appropriate including computer software, telephone, fax machine, and copier.*
- Location/Travel/Physical: Reliable transportation to and from work, occasional in-state vehicle travel. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.*
Job Type: Full-time
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida is a non-smoker employer.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.