Guest Room Attendant-- Innovation Hotel
Guest Room Attendant will be responsible for the overall room cleanliness as well as replenishment of mini bar amenities to ensure exceptional service to all guests that is consistent and continually in accordance to the Mainsail Lodging & Development standards.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Clean and sanitize assigned hotel rooms to include: dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning windows, mirrors, cleaning bathrooms, vents, lobby areas, walls, carpets, light fixtures and common areas within shift time requirements.
- Acknowledge and engage with guests in all public spaces with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Perform quality cleaning to meet the required room inspections.
- Replace amenities (e.g. refill shampoo, conditioner, body wash canisters in room showers).
- Maintain mini bar selections to par levels.
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Deep clean on rotational schedule.
- Restock and reorganize cart daily.
- Report any light outages, broken equipment, or room disparities to manager.
- Review daily board and refresh stay over rooms.
- Assist guest with any specials requests.
- Safely clean rooms with the proper chemicals.
- Refill bottled chemicals at the close of the scheduled shift to ensure the next team is stocked.
- Ability to communicate with house attendant on rooms inventory needs.
- Communicate professionally while using technology.
- Respect all guests, team members, and management by maintaining a positive, friendly attitude
- Ability to interact with guests and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guests name.
- Perform turndown service as requested by guest.
- Maintain guest confidentiality following all hotel procedures.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and/or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area such as closets, carts, and housekeeping office.
- Guest Room Attendants are responsible for removing dirty linen and trash from the rooms.
- Personal grooming and appearance to be of a professional manner and fit the hotel theme.
- No cell phone use in the public areas (e.g. guest rooms).
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to squat and bend
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary