Data Analytics Developer, Sr.
Develop, maintain & support analytical models, reports, dashboards, and advanced analytics/applications for individuals, groups, and departmental users both internal and external to the organization. The position will initially focus development in the IBM Cognos Analytics suite of tools, however will slowly expand to also include the Microsoft Power BI platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of analytical & reporting requirements through data modeling, reporting and dashboarding solutions
- Develops of relational data models in Cognos Framework Manager using SQL Server data warehouse
- Develops of OLAP cube models in Cognos Dynamic Cube Designer using SQL Server data warehouse
- Partners with Business Analysts for gathering of requirements and specifications for projects - both technical and functional.
- Partners with Data Warehouse Developers to create back-end datasets to support analytical modeling
- Collaborates with team members to architect solutions and implement enhancements to the platform
- Deploys code changes to different environments in a safe and reliable manner.
- Performs extensive testing and defect analysis of analytical solutions and new rollouts.
- Effectively diagnoses system and analytical solution issues and provides timely resolutions.
- Proactively monitors applications for abnormalities, performance issues and continuously looks for areas to improve application availability and speed.
- Seeks to automates/improve repetitive data related tasks where possible
- Provides ad-hoc support and at times, basic training for Cognos Analytics users.
- Documents data models and analytical solutions for business continuity purposes.
- Collaborates with other departments and external consultants on projects
- Is available outside normal business hours, including weekends, for critical issues and maintenance coverage, as necessary. (shared responsibilities with team)
- Keeps current and continuously evaluates the latest tool offering releases within the platforms (Cognos, TM1, Power BI) used at Arthrex, but also seeking outside to other tools that could aide requirements.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Accounting/Business/MIS/Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in implementing and maintaining Business Analytics solutions and/or MBA equivalent w/3 years experience.
- IBM Cognos Analytics v11 platform
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Advanced level experience with IBM Cognos Analytics v11 front-end reports & dashboard
- Advanced level development expierence with Cognos Dynamic Cubes, Transformer and Framework Manager
- IBM TM1/Planning Analytics experience a plus.
- Microsoft Power BI experience a plus.
- Strong analytical & business acumen, specifically in Sales, Finance and Accounting
- Strong MS Excel skillset
- Ability to write write SQL queries and understand database concepts.
- Data warehousing experience a plus.
- Advanced Analytics/Data Scientist/AI experience a plus.
- MS Visual Studio/Macro experience a plus.
- Working experience with SAP ECC (FI, CO, SD, MM) a plus.
- Strong team player, but also able to work and focus independently and self-directed on projects.
- Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail and highly focused on quality of work, over quantity.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile development methodology preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Highly motivated to continuously improve own abilities and skills.
- Experience with process improvement techniques and tools. Lean or Six Sigma preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.