Baleen Server PM | Full time and Part time positions
Department: Food & Beverage – Baleen
Reports to: Restaurant Manager(s) & Restaurant Outlets Director
servers ensure that patrons have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Servers work in the front of the business taking orders, serving food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Record order of guest.
- Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to Kitchen.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Make all varieties of coffee.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest.
- Guide the activities of the assigned Busperson to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Clear each course.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Present guest checks and process payments through the Cashier.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend appreciation for guests patronage and invite them to return.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
a) Properly breakdown and store all reusable goods.
b) Clean all equipment.
c) Restock items for next service.
d) Remove all dirty linen.
e) Marry and stock all condiments.
f) Reset tables for next meal period.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to Supervisor.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Restaurant.
b) all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
c) the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
d) all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
e) P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
a) Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
b) Fold napkins.
c) Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Restaurant.
d) Set tables .
e) Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic) .
f) Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
g) Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads).
h) Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
i) Set up side station with supplies and equipment.