Requisition Number: TITLE01200
- Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
- Research respective title plant software, analyze &evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, & any conjunction to title
- Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers
- Recognize title defects and formulate curative solution
- Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter, as appropriate.
- Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
- Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
- Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
- Perform other duties assigned by manager
- Participates in special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skill & Ability
- Familiarity with title searching software preferred, such as DataTree, DATA Trace, FASTSearch, etc.
- Knowledge of underwriting policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of real estate law and title and escrow curative procedures
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organizational skills and ability to work within established time frames
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while maintaining control.
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking
Education , Form Training & Experience
- High School diploma (or equivalent). Specialized training in word processing software, database or spreadsheet software (obtained either in school or by up to six months of training) is desirable.
- Minimum of four years of industry experience