Requisition Number: LOSSC01492
At IAT Insurance Group (“IAT”), Interns are valued members of the organization. Our internship program aims to provide meaningful, thought provoking work to each intern throughout the organization.
Our internship program matches qualified students with the opportunity to participate in real world situations, obtain industry knowledge, receive on the job training, and gain career enhancing technical skills that will foster professional growth. Furthermore, our internships are designed to provide each intern the opportunity to network with subject matter experts within the industry as you work to build your professional skills.
IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Loss Control Intern in our Naperville, Illinois location for the summer of 2021. This internship will provide you the ability to learn the basics of Loss Control within the Transportation and Insurance Industry. This role will not only provide you with exposure to subject matter experts, but also provide you with in-depth knowledge of how a high functioning Loss Control department works.
- Spend equal time learning the Transportation Industry and it’s insurance industry, the Moving & Storage Industry and it’s insurance industry and the Auto Dealer industry and its insurance industry.
- Use our internal resources to learn about exposures and controls by line of coverage and how to apply them to risk evaluation.
- Spend time with Underwriting and Claims to learn how they fit in the business process with Loss Control.
- Join Loss Control Representatives on customer visits (assuming IAT is back in the office based on COVID restrictions).
- Complete an accompanied customer visit, complete a complete report and present to underwriting.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Rising Junior, or Senior.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Problem Solver.
- Strong Communication skills both with Technical and non-technical resources.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to join Loss Control Reps on Customer Visits (assuming IAT is back in the office based on COVID restrictions)
- Proficient with Microsoft office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Above average computer skills.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.