Our Exciting Work Environment
GEM (Gaming & Entertainment Management – Illinois LLC), based in Naperville outside of Chicago, is the third largest video gaming terminal (VGT) route operator in Illinois. GEM operates nearly 1,800 VGTs at 438 sites – strategic, high-traffic locations such as bars, restaurants, convenience stores, truck stops, bowling alleys and fraternal organizations. “GEM, which operates the equivalent of a large gaming venue but spread over the entire state, complements our traditional casino portfolio and positions us for growth in this emerging sector,“ said Brian Hansberry, president of Delaware North's gaming business.
Under the guidance of the Vault Supervisor/Manager, the Cage Cashier processes currency from GEM locations, which includes funds from redemption terminals and returns funds from the location in accordance with the company's established procedures (and applicable operational standards.) as mandated by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Demonstrating outstanding internal customer service in accordance with Delaware North and GEM standards.
- Maintaining security and accountability over all funds
- Executing accurate reports, as needed, including:
- Balancing banks
- Closeout reports
- Daily deposits
- Attending departmental and company meetings, as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED, one year related experience and/or training preferred.
- Previous money handling experience.
- Experience with a 10-key calculator.
- Experience with computers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and apply to practical situations using fractions, percentages, and problem solving.
- Able and willing to maintain flexible work schedule.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Ability to stand, sit, or kneel for brief periods of time.
- Physical mobility with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to lift and carry a minimum of 40 pounds occasionally.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Ability to work with others in limited space capacity
- Climate controlled
- All potential candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen as well as criminal background investigation*
- Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.