Medical Billing, Follow-up, Program Support - Behavioral Health
Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, SyMed Corporation is a comprehensive revenue cycle management group and billing software vendor. Our mission is providing innovative solutions in helping our clients successfully navigate the corridors of today's healthcare reimbursement maze. We invest in our team of bright, focused and knowledgeable people who enable SyMed to bring excellent results to our clients. Are you detail oriented and like working in a productive, friendly environment? Then come join us for this excellent opportunity to grow professionally in this unique position. You will have the opportunity to learn multiple computer systems and software and to work directly with clients and government representatives!
Currently hiring to support the specialty areas of Behavioral Health, Autism/Developmental, and Substance Use Treatment.
- Professionally and effectively communicate with team of in-house billing staff, clients (county behavioral health contractor agencies, mental health/substance use counselors, providers of applied behavioral analysis therapies for autism services), insurance companies and government agency staff
- Register patients and maintain patient demographic data entry, navigating multiple interfacing electronic health record and billing systems
- Maintain work queue and manage personal workflow, meeting priorities and required deadlines
- Bill services/claims
- Work errors, rejections, corrections
- Post payments and denials
- Run reports to reconcile monthly billing cycle
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Attend meetings and trainings internally with team, with clients, and with county behavioral health division staff.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Will consider candidates with a minimum of one year office/clerical/administrative experience in any field.
- We value character as highly as experience. Looking for bright, eager, motivated, organized individuals who desire growth and development, can take initiative, work well with a team, and have a positive and helpful disposition.
- Experience and/or educational background in the healthcare field or medical office environment helpful (front office, back office, scheduling, medical assistant, claims processing, collections, etc.). Direct experience in 3rd party claims (Medicare, Medi-Cal, Private Insurances) billing and follow-up a plus.
- Industry experience in behavioral health, autism/developmental disabilities, or substance abuse treatment environments a plus
- Data entry skills
- Familiarity navigating various computer systems required. Experience with electronic health/medical records, helpful.
- Commonly used systems/programs/portals: Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Ebridge document managment, Unicare/Profiler, Netsmart/Avatar, Foothold/Awards, Askesis/Provider, Change Healthcare, Office Ally, Noridian, CAQH, PAVE, NPPES
- Medical/Dental and Vision Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Section 125 Benefit Plan)
- 401K with option for percentage of company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Educational, development, & CEU opportunities
- Fun company events (see our reviews on Glassdoor)
- Opportunities for advancement with a rapidly growing company.
This is an entry to mid-level position, commensurate with experience
MUST COMPLETE THE FULL ONLINE APPLICATION AND ASSESSMENT PROCESS TO BE CONSIDERED. If you experience any trouble or have any questions regarding the application or assessment, please email email@example.com for assistance. Please no unsolicited phone calls.