Assistant Manager Napa
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
The assistant manager plays an integral role in the successful running of a store. Communication is the key. The General Manager and Assistant must act as one. The duties are divided between the General Manager and Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager helps identify the weaknesses and implements new changes. The General Manager still oversees and finalizes decisions, particularly concerning terminations, ordering, and scheduling.
- To oversee all operations at the store level.
- Selecting, hiring and review of employees.
- Recognize problems & offering solutions.
- Ability to follow all recipes as outlined in recipe book.
- Strong communication skills.
- Maintain TOP budgeted goal per Quarter of 90% or better.
- Follows all sanitation, cleanliness and organizational procedures.
- Serv Safe Certified.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Controls the sales and profitability of the restaurant.
- Monitors standards for restaurant including but not limited to personnel administration and performance, service to guests, advertising, outside marketing and publicity.
- Implements the business plan for the restaurant location to meet annual and strategic goals for profitability, food sales revenue, customer count and expenses.
- Monitors overall condition of restaurant, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Monitors restaurant budget; oversees all accounting functions.
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations, policies and procedures, including OSHA, Department of Health, Fire Department, etc.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to guests, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure restaurant is performing at established standards.
- Ensures that guest’s needs are fulfilled and their dining experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to guest feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure restaurant remains current.
- Ensures all kitchen and food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
- Ensures follow through and communication of all company changes are addressed to appropriate departments.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops restaurant staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Takes ownership and pride in passing on the Mary’s Pizza Shack traditions. Teach new employees about Mary’s values and traditions.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Mary’s Pizza Shack.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least four years experience and/or training in the restaurant field, which includes supervision, inventory control, and food preparation, is required. College-level coursework in business, marketing and sales is desirable. Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Passion, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Basic Word, Excel, Outlook skills a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace